CASA Special Projects
Our membership readily pitches in to help us achieve our association goals. Some of our previous work has included:
- Effects of Draw downs on Black River, Micmac and Panuke Lakes;
- Presentations on Landfill sites in Halifax and Kings County;
- Five year study on effects of tournament angling;
- Installation of major boat launches at Grand and Alyesford Lakes;
- Effects of sewage treatment operation at Aero-Tech park;
- Presentation on the proposed closing of Morris Lake boat launch;
- Presentations on the competitive fishing policy;
- Province wide analysis on lakes with suitable SMB habitat; and
- Study containing 17 major recommendations on SMB management in Nova Scotia.
Have a read of the Grand Lake Bass Report written by our President. This report is an example of what we do to promote the well-being of Bass Fishing in Nova Scotia.
Have a look at this report on the current Federal Fishing Survey. If you happen to receive this survey please take the time to fill it out; it has considerable consequences for the allocation of management money, both Fererally and Provincially.
Below are the results of CASA's online survey regarding proposed changes to the Fisheries and Coastal Resources Act and CASA's position on the proposed legislation.
Survey Output Survey Results CASA's Response